Sunday, February 24, 2008

What not to put on your CV


At the end of last week I went through about 300 CVs to shortlist candidates for 3 junior researcher positions we have open. As I general rule, I suggest that when preparing a CV you focus on key experiences you've had which are relevant to the position advertised. If you find yourself tempted to include on your CV other intangible qualities, similar to this beautiful excerpt from one CV I read, please do your best to fight the temptation.

2 comments:

jlindsey said...

I'm actually in the process of updating my resume' do you mind if I copy this? Maybe it would help me get a position overseas...maybe it's what I've been lacking...I can easily adopt...we've actually been thinking of adding another child...what's three when you already have two wild ones?

Anonymous said...

Ahh...to have "convincing and influincing power." If I could have a superpower that's what I would want. The power to convince and influence my children without question? I'm in awe :) What's their secret?