Sunday, February 24, 2008

My first cricket game


I must admit that I really enjoyed playing my first cricket game! No one would ever call us 'good' cricket players, but we had a lot of fun. We were honored that 5 members of the Bangladesh National Women's Cricket Team came to watch our game and practice with us (pictured here in white). Can you imagine how 'outside the norm' you must be as a professional female athlete in Bangladesh? These women are cool. I wondered why these professional athletes would even be interested in watching such amateur play as ours. But then I realized that our teams could very well be the only women's cricket teams in the whole country outside of education institutions. I guess we have a lot in common with them- at least cricket interest, if not cricket skill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love It!